The last thing any Nigerian who travels abroad wants to…
Today is the 20th Day of Ramadan and this article presents how Muslims can increase the benefits of their worship during the last third of the month.
1. No matter how good or bad your Ramadan went, enter the last 10 Days well prepared, with pure intentions, full energy and a positive outlook.
2. Listen to or read the Tafsir of Surah Al-Qadr to know about this amazing night, to switch that mode ON and to keep it remained ON for all the nights. It could fall on any of the last 10 nights.
3. Choose the most comfortable place for worship in your home or Masjid. Avoid leaning on pillows & cushions while reciting Qur’an or Adhkaar so as to keep your back straight.
4. Switch off your mobile phones, iPads and Laptops if possible.
5. If you’re alone, recite the Qur’an in a loud beautiful voice so that your ears & heart remain involved with the recitation and you don’t feel drowsy. Plus it has an amazingly calming effect trust me!
If you’re not alone then you can recite in a normal volume not to disturb others but can listen to a Qiraa-at in high volume using your earphone.
6. Elongate your Sujood and make loads and loads of Du’aas in it. Cry hard and ask Allah everything you wish for in Dunya and Aakhirah.
7. Raise your Du’aa – Remember it’s the night of decree and angels are precisely writing down whatever is gonna happen in your life for the next coming year, be specific in your Du’aas and ask for each and everything you need – Hajj, Job, Career, Spouse, Children, Home, whatever. Don’t play small in your Du’aas as you’re asking the KING OF ALL KINGS!
8. Pray 2 Raka’ah Salatul Tawbah every single night and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH – Al-Ghaffar, Al-Ghafoor, Al-Tawwab and Al-’Afuww. Repent sincerely with full hope and firm resolve of not repeating those sins again.
9. Memorize and keep asking the Du’aa of Lailatul Qadr: Allaahumma innakal ‘afuwwun tuhibbul-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).
10. Ask Allah to grant you Lailatul Qadr and accept from you whatever ‘ibaadaat you did by His tawfeeq.