It has been a few years since students in Nigerians…
By Uchechi Moses
I ply Ikorodu Road on my way to work daily, but on a particular day, my eyes turned right and I saw a building – JKK – boldly inscribed. Then I remember this is where most aptitude tests for jobs and standardised examinations are taken.
- The company was founded in 1976.
- It is a leading technology company delivering information, infrastructure and service solutions to clients to aid their competitive advantage.
- Also a leading supplier of hardware, software, networking, storage and e-business solutions.
- JKK is located along 229, Ikorodu Road, Ilupeju, Lagos.
- It is Nigeria’s number one test centre. Patronised by various firms for aptitude tests assessment. KPMG, Ecobank, Nigerian Bottling Company, DPR, GLO, MTN etc. Additionally, IT certifications and standardised examinations (GRE, GMAT etc.) are also written at the centre.
- Locating JKK Building can be difficult especially for first timers. Here, I reel out different ways of locating JKK House. This depends on the axis which you are coming from.
Ikeja/Ketu/Ojota Axis: Take a bus going to Yaba/Ojuelegba, alight at Town Planning. Walk few meters, and you will see JKK Building on your right.
Yaba/CMS/Costain Axis: Take a bus from Yaba and alight at Obanikoro, cross to the other side of the road (it is important you use the pedestrian bridge). Walk towards Anthony and you will see JKK by your left.
FESTAC Axis: Take a bus to Oshodi and alight at the bus-stop. Take another to Onipanu and alight at the bus-stop. JKK is within walking distance.
Ikorodu Axis: Take a bus to Yaba (preferably BRT) and alight at Anthony. Walk few metres and you will locate the building.
Ogudu Axis: Take a bus from Ogudu to Ojota. Alight at the bus-stop and take another heading to Yaba/Palm Grove/Onipanu, alight at Anthony. Then walk few metres to JKK
Are you a fresh graduate seeking employment or educational opportunities or working professional looking at acquiring relevant certifications? There is a high probability you will be assessed at JKK building. A notable alumnus of JKK is Mr Niyi Yusuf, Country Managing Director, Accenture Nigeria.
Read his interview on his life, economy, career, Nigeria’s education system and general issues (http://www.jarushub.com/i-failed-math-in-year-1-because-i-thought-what-worked-in-secondary-school-would-work-in-university-niyi-yusuf-ceo-accenture-nigeria/).